 General / 39689
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:10:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:

We are re-negotiating with our bandwidth supplier as well
as soliciting corporate sponsorships.  This may
mean the re-appearance of ads, though I am trying to have
them take the form of text rather than graphics (google style).

I would MUCH rather see a paid subscription service, than to see Brickshelf
succumb to corporate sponsors. Especially if they're sponsors that have
nothing to do with the LEGO hobby. Please Kevin, allow users to pay you
something like $10/yr, and in exchange view NO ads, and be able to view all
folders (even unmoderated ones).

I want my web browsing experience to NOT contain advertising. While I can
filter out 98% of them, I don't think I can filter out text ads, except
based on the URL they link to. Brickshelf would lose a LOT of value for me
if it contained text ads, where I can easily filter out image ads.

-Tim