 General / 39727
Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:07:21 GMT

Snipped a lot of good suggestions about being a bit more economical.

In lugnet.general, Amy Hughes writes:

I paid $30 to advertise my personal site when brickshelf had banner ads,
got a
lot fewer than 100,000 impressions, and most of it went to someone who is now
spamming me with potty-language "newsletters".

Weird, I bought space there too and am not getting spammed. Why is that?
Wonder if it was one of those "look hard and make sure you uncheck it or
else you said you wanted it" kind of forms??? I always scan those very very
carefully

I'd be happy to pay that
much to
support BS again if it went instead to Kevin, and day-sponsor ads would be
easier to implement than metered, randomly-selected ads.

Agree, and agree again.

One barrier to non-commercial banner ads is the creation of the banner. >Perhaps a few folks might be willing to make banners for people,
or maybe an online
banner generator would encourage more support.

A banner generator that just created text in a color with a choice of
background color would not be that hard to do, ne? I bet someone could whip
up a quick Javascript app to do that much in short order.