 General / 39672
39671  |  39673
Subject:
Baseball and LEGO (WAS: Re: Anyone familiar with Burik Model Design?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 03:39:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
I was looking for some LEGO pics on the web tonight and stumbled on this site:

http://www.burikmodeldesign.com/index.html

Anyone familiar with this fellow or his work?  I did some searches on LUGNET
but couldn't see that he'd posted anything in the past.

And of course the model of Camden
Yards is nicely done.  Is it me, or do people not very often model baseball
stadiums?

GMLTC has done a baseball stadium in the past.

www.gmltc.org then through the gallery to
http://www.gmltc.org/gallery_main_layout3.asp then click on the stadium section

Note that this is a minifig scale stadium and therefore has been massively
selectively compressed from a true scale stadium, it seats a few hundred
instead of tens of thousands.

Nice work!

I don't know of too many other stadiums but they HAVE been done before, just
not lots and lots of times.

I remember years ago, the LEGO club(1) had a contest to build a "sports
stadium".  I'm actually just rereading the announcement now in an old copy
of 'Design News Innovations'.  Brings back a lot of memories, as I think I
actually entered that one.  The contest closed on May 4, 1979.  I haven't
heard from them yet, so I guess I didn't win.  :(

I'm also now thinking that I might like to do a baseball field myself.
Using my adult collection of course.  I'm thinking that Tiger Stadium would
be a good one to start with.  I miss being able to see them actually play
there, so maybe bringing it alive again in LEGO would be fun.  I'll have to
give that some thought.

All the best,
Allan B.

(1)  I believe the full name back then was the 'LEGO Junior Designers Club'