 General / 18846
Re: LUGNET Spotted in LEGO Mania Magazine - Thread?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:56:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:
OK. Now define "sponsored" & "endorsed"

Could these two words be misunderstood by anyone?

Go check the lugnet.com main page.  It specifically states that
the gift is not believed to be a sponsorship or endorsement "in
a legal sense". The normal definitions of the words do not matter
here - the legal definitions under US law (since LEGO Direct and
LUGNET are both US-based enterprises) are the important ones.

Now IANAL*, but I think what this means is that LUGNET cannot
advertise itself as "sponsored/endorsed by The LEGO Corporation".
It's not "The Official International LEGO Fan Site".  On the other
hand, TLC has no say in the contents of the site, as evidenced by
plenty of posts that are less-than-complimentary about Town Jr,
current LEGO practices, and even Mr. Justus' lack of appearance.
If LUGNET were a sponsored or endorsed site, LEGO would probably
want such posts to not appear.

In other words, there is no contract, actual or implied, between
LUGNET and TLC/LEGO Direct/Brad Justus.

* - Here's one for your list, Shiri: I Am Not A Lawyer