 General / 18816
Re: LUGNET Spotted in LEGO Mania Magazine - Thread?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:34:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
We met with two LSI[1] corporate attorneys in May.  The next issue of LEGO

Did you find out the story behind how it happened?  I hope that if the
"graphic artist trying to help us" story was true, they didn't get canned
for it.

The people we spoke with said they believed one of their graphic artists had
innocently included the logo as a way to recognize LUGNET as an important site
for the LEGO enthusiast community.  Their usual procedure is to run a mock-up
by the legal department prior to press, but this check inadvertently slipped
through the cracks.  They agreed that they had made a mistake, apologized for
the oversight, and agreed to do what they reasonbly could to prevent it from
happening again, as well as to issue a corrective statement in the next issue.
We have this in writing as well as on verbal agreement.

Since the buck stops at the legal department and that's whom we were speaking
with, I'm pretty sure nobody lost their job.

--Todd