 General / 18840
Re: LUGNET Spotted in LEGO Mania Magazine - Thread?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:02:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:

So at least for me your stick in the mud attitude has gotten very tiresome so
lets please let this go.

Eric
You have answered none of the points I raised - none. I am a free thinking and
open minded kind of person. I respect your right to have an opinion, if I
thought you were ever wrong about an issue I'd given a reasoned argument
against it. I have said before that this is not a big issue to me - but then
few things are. The only point I was trying to make is that the current
"statement" is messy. The old one could be considered ambiguous - convince me
otherwise.

Scott,

First, I thought I did address your issue but quoting the LEGO Lawyers
statement that the donation by Brad Justus DID NOT consititute endorsement or
sponsorship of LUGNET.  If that doesn't answer your question I am sorry but I
am at a loss as to what will.

Second, While I think the disclaimer is "messy" from an astetic point of view I
do not find it ambiguous at all.  Let me clarify...

Again I Quote:
"That Brad's donation represented neither
sponsorship nor endorsement of LUGNET by LSI, LD, or TLC and that it was a
pure gift."

The key word I see here is "Gift".  Here is the definition I have for gift.

Gift: n. 1. Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation.

So this means that the money was given voluntarily to Todd without any expected
compensation in return which an endorsement or sponsorship would.

I am sorry if you think I am waisting my time with a bunch of gibberish that
makes no sense to you but it makes perfect sense to me.

Eric Kingsley.