 General / 18841
Re: LUGNET Spotted in LEGO Mania Magazine - Thread?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:08:15 GMT

Scott,

First, I thought I did address your issue but quoting the LEGO Lawyers
statement that the donation by Brad Justus DID NOT consititute endorsement or
sponsorship of LUGNET.  If that doesn't answer your question I am sorry but I
am at a loss as to what will.

Second, While I think the disclaimer is "messy" from an astetic point of view • I
do not find it ambiguous at all.  Let me clarify...

Again I Quote:
"That Brad's donation represented neither
sponsorship nor endorsement of LUGNET by LSI, LD, or TLC and that it was a
pure gift."

The key word I see here is "Gift".  Here is the definition I have for gift.

Gift: n. 1. Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation.

OK. Now define "sponsored" & "endorsed"

Could these two words be misunderstood by anyone?

Scott A

So this means that the money was given voluntarily to Todd without any • expected
compensation in return which an endorsement or sponsorship would.

I am sorry if you think I am waisting my time with a bunch of gibberish that
makes no sense to you but it makes perfect sense to me.

Eric Kingsley.