 General / 18845
Re: New world record for highest Lego tower planned
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:38:07 GMT

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message

In Hannover (northern Germany) some Lego guys are trying to build the • highest
Lego tower with help of anyone who comes along: old record is 25.20 • meters.

These guys plan to build it 50 cm higher (more is not allowed, since Lego • wants
to do a lot of further record events...).

Here you can find two pictures of this tower (15 m high so far):

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/temp/spitze.jpg

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/temp/tw_ben.jpg

Regards,

Ben

Thanks for posting this and the follow-up  internal modules picture.  Please
continue to update as you get more details and information.  It is
interesting to follow the progress.  Are there any pictures of earlier
phases of the tower construction?

sheree