 General / 18768
Re: Wow! This guy is good!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 02:41:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
I got pointed at this site by an eBay auction, and was floored by this
guy's skill!

http://pages.hotbot.com/und/lachme/legos.html

Are we sure these aren't made with Eric Harshbarger's "Lego-izer"?

Different dithering techniques, I think.  Eric H.'s "Pixelego" program
applies error-diffusion dithering to the image.  These ones appear to be
hand-dithered (notice the stylistic lines in the foreheads and hair).

Without any sort of person or other object for scale, they could just be
filtered pictures.

Even if they aren't "real" in the sense of being made from plastic bricks,
it's still a great job rendering the images in those basic brick colors!  :)

--Todd

Kinda reminds me of drawing in EGA on 320 x 200 screens.  Somehow it seems
more acceptable here, but boy, those 16 non-definable colors drove me nuts
(let's not mention the Apple ][ and the horrors it imposed).  Anyway, I'd
agree that it looks hand-dithered (with the note that faint outline-echo on
the Harrison Ford pic is typically computerish).

Bruce