 Publishing / 2054
Re: Wow! This guy is good!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:24:13 GMT

Will Middelaer <betamale@REMOVE.yahoo.com> wrote:
I do not know about England, but in the United States there is no copyright
on anything produced by the U.S. Government.  The idea is that works
created with public money belongs to the public.

Interesting -- I wasn't aware of that.

Of course there are laws other than copyright that restrict reproducing
certain governmental creations, such as counterfeiting laws, privacy laws,
secrecy laws and the like.

Right, that seems fair.

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/