 General / 18776
Re: Wow! This guy is good!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:23:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
I got pointed at this site by an eBay auction, and was floored by this guy's
skill!

http://pages.hotbot.com/und/lachme/legos.html

Are we sure these aren't made with Eric Harshbarger's "Lego-izer"?  Without • any
sort of person or other object for scale, they could just be filtered
pictures.

I dont think these portraits are has hard to do as people seem to be thinking.
Certainly it takes some patients (and bricks) to build the picture, but the
pattern to follow is easily achieved by using a good paint program that has
a 'pixelate' filter (as most do)

Bring in a photo of anyone, click pixelate, reduce the colours down to 16
(again easy in most paint programs) and he presto, you have a nice easy
pattern to print off an build from.

My paint program (Corel Photopaint) allows me to define the size and shape of
the pixels, so you can adjust the result (it has a preview too) to deliver
something that is a suitable mix between still being able to identify the
subject, whilst requiring the minimum number of bricks.

regards
lawrence

regards
lawrence