 General / 18749
Re: Wow! This guy is good!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:58:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Maddison writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
I got pointed at this site by an eBay auction, and was floored by this guy's
skill!

http://pages.hotbot.com/und/lachme/legos.html

Are we sure these aren't made with Eric Harshbarger's "Lego-izer"?  Without
any sort of person or other object for scale, they could just be filtered
pictures.

If they are real, though.... wow.  I mean, if they're so well done I think
they must be fake, they gotta be pretty good. :D

Aye, I agree.  I am skeptical, but if they're the real McCoy, then that guy
has MAJOR talent.  I'd like to find out more about these portraits.

Well, I suppose they could be faked, but then, he's going to run into a rough
spot if someone wins the Einstein portrait he's got up on eBay...

And as to the 'must be fake'... Legoland has portraits of similar (or greater)
size and complexity, so it can obviously be done.  It's not a big step from
there to having an AFOL out there doing it.  I have the volume of bricks that
I could make something(s) that size, I just don't have the talent.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.