 General / 1761
Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 11:18:11 GMT

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 07:30:26 GMT, "Matthew Verdier"
<matthewv@digital.net> wrote:

RTL is still one of the nicer (if no longer the nicest as we used to say)
groups.  Ever been to the Robert Jordan group?  Those are some of the most
interesting, and outgoing people I have seen on usenet.   They also are the
some of the least tolerant of outsiders, and are quick to rip newbies to
shreds.  For that matter go into a purely scientific newsgroup.  Academics

Personally, I find rasfwrj _more_ entertaining... I tend to skip the
on-topic bits, tho. <recklessly thrown open robes and all>

However, I think It's not quite so bad as it used to be, as far as
ripping newbies apart is concerned. And, most of it, comes when these
newbies are _not_ willing to learn, and continue to offend. I'm
thinking of "student", who changed email adress at least 6 times in
the time s/he posted there, to avoid killfiles, and continued to spout
offensive behavior. Eric D. Laurain, who after a month posted that his
little brother had had access to his comp. One or two others I can't
think of the name of.

*Hmm... I can't crosspost this between rasfwrj and lugnet.. darn. :)*

Jasper