 General / 17102
Re: LEGO name branding (was: Re: Stuff I'd like to see...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 07:55:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
Eeeek!  :-v  Ptah!  Wow, that's horrible.  :-(  Was it a hand-written tag
from some clueless store employee or did it appear to printed by Ritvik?

I don't think it was Ritvik that printed the store tag, but it was a nicely
printed large yellow tag -- perhaps 3" x 4" with a red trim and black
lettering.  They probably laser print them in the back or something.

But it was exactly as you said, Todd: people equate the word "legos" with
plastic construction toys regardless of the true manufacturer of the product.

-- Richard