 General / 17090
Re: LEGO name branding (was: Re: Stuff I'd like to see...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:24:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
I mean that LEGO desperately needs (IMHO) to break the association with
"lego" or "legos" meaning any old random kind of plastic building bricks
to the average consumer

An anecdote to make the point:

I am inside a Safeway supermarket in Oakland, CA very early this morning
when my eye gets caught by the image of a small box with a large yellow
sales tag in front of it that reads, in part:

It's too bad that vandalism is illegal.  ;-)

"Nascar Legos"

Ummm...these are Ritvik/Mega Bloks, of course.

Eeeek!  :-v  Ptah!  Wow, that's horrible.  :-(  Was it a hand-written tag
from some clueless store employee or did it appear to printed by Ritvik?

--Todd