 General / 17085
Re: LEGO name branding (was: Re: Stuff I'd like to see...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 19:20:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
I mean that LEGO desperately needs (IMHO) to break the association with
"lego" or "legos" meaning any old random kind of plastic building bricks
to the average consumer

An anecdote to make the point:

I am inside a Safeway supermarket in Oakland, CA very early this morning when
my eye gets caught by the image of a small box with a large yellow sales tag
in front of it that reads, in part:

"Nascar Legos"

Ummm...these are Ritvik/Mega Bloks, of course.

-- Richard