 General / 17089
Re: LEGO name branding = Builder's Reverie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:54:31 GMT

1.  Quality control of the brick has dropped -- to be number one, the • product
itself must be of the HIGHEST quality. Anything less than outstanding • means
that they can just join the pack of plastic brick makers.

Agreed.  I'm sure many people have noticed lately that they are de-molding • the
bricks WAY too soon.  Grab a nice new set with long 1x bricks in it - look • at the
sides of those bricks.  Many of them will have sags in them from being • pulled from
the molds too hot (I refuse to believe their moldmakers have gotten that • sloppy).
It's disgusting.

And I thought that it was just me...

I've got quite a few 1x16 bricks and 12x24 megabricks now, and when
assembling them into my new ship, i've noticed that some of the 1x16 bricks
are slightly "off" in that they don't "stick" quite as good at they should.
Nice to know that i'm not going insane or anything over here...

Also, my brother has been compaining for about a year now that they just
don't seem to be making Lego as good as they used too.  I just attributed
that to poor set design, but maybe the problem actually lies in the quality
control.

Troy