 Dear LEGO / 1817
Re: Stuff I'd like to see...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:54:39 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes:
To Whom It May Concern (and therefore the least likely to actually read it):

<snipped often>

We don't see many animals.  Trees and other plants are currently pretty
limited.

Agreed. I'd like more animals - Duplo has the most now - and make them
articulated (at least head movement like the horse and polar bear). (They've
"juniorized" the Duplo elephant! Couldn't guess why).

...food items...eating utensils>

This actually sounds somewhat against your argument to Lego's ability to
compete with Playmobil. These items are available in vast quantities within
many Playmobil sets.

How about making ready made musical instruments like
lutes, guitars, folk harps, bagpipes, pianos, harpsichords, pipe organs, huge
drums, tubas, trombones, and saxaphones?

Take a look at Fabuland, they made a few back when... - I have a drum, tuba
and accordian. I wouldn't be too injured if they came back. There's the
trumpet from Fort Legoredo.

I've seen a model of a piano somewhere recently ("Well done!" to whomever it
was done by)- so I think they'd not want to make items that could be
constructed - to avoid the "juniorization" comments.

How about filigree black gates with
which to surround a Victorian manor

Maybe not to scale or color, but there's something along these lines in
Belville. Maybe they'd adapt them? A friend of mine built a truly beautiful
gate and fence set from grey lightsaber blades and other Star Wars pieces.

The point is: stop giving us ready-made "juniorized" pieces of stuff we can
build ourselves from other modular parts, give us ready-mades of the stuff we
could never build properly to scale!!!  Is this idea so hard a concept to
grasp?

I don't totally disagree with the making of juniorized elements. Some cannot
be made from bricks and plates (with the excact same dimensions) - but those
that can be should go away.

Wayne