 Events / BrickFest / 3967
3966  |  3968
Subject:
Dude, talk yourself into Classic Colors! :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:27:53 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I’m with ya, man!

Even though the advent of bley and “blown” (hehheh) has seriously curtailed my purchasing of new sets and my enthusiasm for new product in general, it’s not completely a bad thing for a few reasons:

1. I spend far less money per month on Lego, which leaves that money for more important things like parties, vacations, and other things that are just as good as building (if not better!).

2. My storage space is pretty much at capacity, so I can’t make more space for more Lego even if I could afford it.

However, I will never adopt the new colors. Classic Space would not be so with classic colors. It’s just that simple. Additionally, gray is gray. It’s not supposed to “pop” like other colors. It’s freakin’ gray!!

Finally, the reasons we were told for the change still make absolutely no sense to me from a business standpoint. TLG said that they changed the colors so that they would all be more “in line” with each other. To me, that point of view solely reflects the perspective of the designers and the builders who do large-scale sculptures for the parks. I fail to see how that’s terribly relevant to selling their merchandise for this reason: I don’t think that kids (their primary target market) care one lick about color theory. Just look at the pictures published every month in the Lego magazine. A vast majority of children’s MOC’s are rainbow warriors. Kids don’t seem to care much about color, they seem to care about building. Imagine that, TLG!

Dave S.