 Events / BrickFest / 3897
Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:41:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Elroy Davis wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
Explain the benefits, show how you have
integrated bley into your collection, how you build with it, and how (or if)
you combine it with old greys.

All of the above was actually pretty easy to do.  I just kept buying sets and
building stuff.  I freely mix the old and new greys and browns.  If the color
looks off at some point, I swap the part out till it looks right.

I have a hard time letting the color change ruin my hobby.  I can still build.
I don't let it ruin my day, and in the end, I've still enjoyed building
something.

Like I've said before, I'll build with whatever they sell me.

-Elroy

I will echo this without question.  I would also mention that shortly after the
change happened and people were avoiding these colors on Bricklink, I was buying
while they were inexpensive.  Even if you don't like the colors they are priced
very well to use in hidden areas of MOC's.

Bottom line for me:  Well spoken, Elroy.

Best,

Jonathan