 Events / BrickFest / 3900
Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:13:40 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
   Yes, Bley Sucks. I know that, Jeremy Rear knows that. And a good number of the rest of you out there know that too (maybe even a majority).

But unfortunately, it looks like bley is hear to stay. I’m stuck in my dark (bley) ages as a result. I can’t seem to get over my bitterness, from how TLC let me down by discontinuing the old colors.

But dang it, there are a lot of cool new sets out that are full of bley. Is it worth “switching over”? Some of you have! I want you to talk me down from the ledge, out of my dark ages. Explain the benefits, show how you have integrated bley into your collection, how you build with it, and how (or if) you combine it with old greys.

So Jeremy and I have organized a discussion event at BrickFest this year since he is stuck in a bley age, too. Sure, we will rant and rave about how sucky it is, but that has already been hashed out and is nothing new.

So I would dearly like for some converts to bley to show up at this session. You have my word you will get fair and generous time to talk me into bley. I want to convert! I want to enjoy buying sets again! I want to stop having to give away all my bley at the Dirty Brickster! And maybe I want an excuse to buy a new Falcon...

In any case, if you like bley, come to this session and talk me into it. If you hate bley, come to this session, because like me and Jeremy, you probably need some more vent time, and then hopefully the opportunity to pursue some healing.

If you are interested in one of the really cool, vocal, t-shirts that people like Jeremy and I are having made to wear at the convention, email me for details.

-Matt :)

PS - try not to turn this post into another Lugnet flamefest, but if you really want to, fut lugnet.color only! Thanks!

You can count me in on that BrickFest discussion!

I know I b****ed enough about bley back when it happened but I’m getting to a point in my creations that I have just had to say “Screw it! Just use it!” and both my bridges, Study 20 & 21, are starting to integrate bley. Heck, I’m even thinking of making future sidewalks of bley tiles because they are so cheap! (New 2x2 light grey tiles are NOT!)

I’ll save the rest for PDX.

Adr.