 Color / 1302
Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:16:11 GMT

In lugnet.color, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:

SNIPPAGE HAS OCCURRED (again)

Finally, I would suggest to the die-hard nay-bley’ers this alternative: If you WILL not use bley, and you really want the cool new parts
only available in bley, grab the old colors Pantone number to a specialty paint store, get a custom color of spray paint in high gloss
made up to match the old colors, paint that part, and be done with it.

I’ve read Vinyl Dye is better than paint, as it won’t put a layer on that’ll throw off the geometry of the bricks.
Instead, it literally dyes the bricks the color of your choice.
You can read more about it at Classic Castle. Just do a search there for vinyl dye to find revelant messages.

   It’s a choice between accepting bley, painting bley, or whining about it for years to come. ;)

Or VDing blay.

scott “Just change the color, don’t layer it on” Frischmann