 Color / 1297
Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:41:43 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:

SNIPPAGE HAS OCCURRED
   So I would dearly like for some converts to bley to show up at this session. You have my word you will get fair and generous time to talk me into bley.

-Matt :)
I too am limited to an online discussion of said topic...

At first I felt like you. Angry frustrated, and unsure how to move forward. But once it was clear that there was no going back, I did two things:

1. I started buying any/all old colors I could from PaB, sets with high percentages, and Bricklink.

2. I began to percieve them the same as I once viewed green or orange pieces, and still feel about Teal, purple etc. ie, it’s a color that I have some of, and can use on smaller models, but don’t yet have enough of to make larger models.

The 1x1 dk bley slope, and upcoming 1x1 lt. bley slope are the primary motivation for this change in attitude. I have wanted that part since I was 11, and don’t know how I lived all this time without it.

Finally, I would suggest to the die-hard nay-bley’ers this alternative: If you WILL not use bley, and you really want the cool new parts only available in bley, grab the old colors Pantone number to a specialty paint store, get a custom color of spray paint in high gloss made up to match the old colors, paint that part, and be done with it.

It’s a choice between accepting bley, painting bley, or whining about it for years to come. ;)

Aaron