 Events / BrickFest / 3906
Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 00:24:12 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
   Yes, Bley Sucks. I know that, Jeremy Rear knows that. And a good number of the rest of you out there know that too (maybe even a majority).

But unfortunately, it looks like bley is hear to stay. I’m stuck in my dark (bley) ages as a result. I can’t seem to get over my bitterness, from how TLC let me down by discontinuing the old colors.

I use both old-gray and bley indiscriminately. :o)

Well, ok, not quite indisciminately, but I don’t tend to worry about the change too much, and I’m a person who’s very much a classic fan.

I think part of the reason is that bley pieces tend to be less expensive than old gray. I’m not made of money, and the price difference is significant enough that it can’t be ignored by me.

When I build a space MOC, I try to keep my old gray and blay pieces arranged symmetrically, so that the locations at least look intentional. The two-tone contrast can be useful in places for sure.

Since photographs are often the final goal for my creations, the difference between old gray and blay mean even less: it doesn’t take much image manipulation to make the two match, and to make everything look old grayish or blayish, depending on what I want. :o)

I’ll try to drop in on the bley discussion at BrickFest.

-best,

Wolf