 Castle / 6856
Re: Safety Glove
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:51:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dave Schuler writes:

Yowza!  They're pricey, though, if you're only going to use them for
protected LEGO use.

I've seen butchers wearing them,  too.  Theirs might be lighter and cheaper,
since they only have to protect against knives and slicers,  not axes and
chainsaws  ;-)

In addition, of course, they'd provide no protection
against the tapered Xacto point!

Not for punctures,  true.  But they could prevent really nasty stuff like
slicing a tendon.

Personally,  though,  if I were going to be doing enough knife work to
consider a glove,  I'd look into making a set of padded jaws for one of those
vises with a ball-joint base (Port-a-Vise???  I think that's the brand).

Ran