 Castle / 6776
Re: Body Armor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:13:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bianca Nebab writes:
There's also a very cool quasi-armor piece from the UFO space line, kind of
like football pads, but wicked looking.  I found these after buying a UFO
clearance set from Zany Brainy for the big saucer sections (making a
rotunda).  After some careful modification because there's a tab on the back
that gets in the way, I was able to use it along with a cape and a helmet
for one of my bad guys:

After looking through the UFO stuff, the only cheap little set I could find
this in was 2847.  Anyone know if this is still available lurking on some
forgotten shelf?  Any other sets that contain it?

Bruce

Kind of a delayed reaction response to my own message, but three months
later, I gave the Tuesday Morning sale a try yesterday, and found eight of
the 2847s which have the black shoulder-pads-armor.  I'm not sure what I'm
going to do with the rest of the fig, but they were only a buck each.

The only helmet I found so far that worked reasonably well is the
bullet-styled one.  Any good way of removing that tab on the armor (stops
the helmet from fully seating, though you can leave the head piece a little
high and it works) or just hack away with a knife?  Seems kinda delicate
work for a dremel.

Bruce

Hello Bruce!
You could use an Xacto knife for best results, watch your fingers!  If you
don't cut of the tab on the armor you must leave the head slightly raised,
advantage is a taller warrior.  The red head is good for fire demons,
goblins or other such denziens.  Another helm that works well (and looks
good) is the visored knights helm (bassinette style) which is just another
town helmet with visor hinge.  Remember that all printing on the figure can
be removed with Brasso, available in the cleaning supply section of most stores.
Best 'o luck!
Aaron