 Castle / 6827
Re: Safety Glove
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:59:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Lester Witter writes:

[snipped]

Hehe - it might be - if one possessed more manual dexterity and didn't know
that any knives (Hobby, pocket, butter...) held in their hands quickly
develop a taste for the wielder's blood at the least pleasant or opportune
times.....!

[snipped]

A post mentioned the problem of cutting youself with an hobby knife while doing
fine work on minifigs accessorites. There are kevlar (SP?) gloves specifically
made to protect the hands in these situations. They are marketed to wood
carvers and are available at woodworking stores and catague places. I got one
at WoodCrafters.

Hmm. That's a good idea, actually. I'm generally pretty careful but every
once in a while I just point the business end the wrong way and away she goes.

I'll have to look into one of these gloves. Thanks!

Joel