 Castle / 16473
Re: The Red Ghost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:39:15 GMT

They are the most rare in the sense that each is unique, but in general
terms, I bet there are more flame-colored bricks than red ghosts.  Also,
Flame-Colored bricks, as they are officially called, are still being found
in new sets today!  You know how I know this?

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=41556

Well, I found one and posted the news to FBTB since it was in a SW set, and
then someone else found one in the same set.  Check out the picture links.

~Jeremy

PS: How much will you pay me to lend it to you for a day and you mail it
back to me?  ;-)

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:

“The Red Ghost” isn’t simple the most scarce
Castle part of all…it just may be among the
most rare Lego parts ever produced!

I think the most rare LEGO pieces are the 'swirl' bricks.  Long ago, with
the old injection machines, when changing from one color to another, they'd
get a few swirled color pieces.

With each one being unique, I'd bet the swirled bricks would be the rarest
pieces.  Heck, I'd almost pay money just to SEE one, and for anyone to have
one, I'm sure they're the centerpiece of the collection.

-Lenny