 Castle / 16466
Re: The Red Ghost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:24:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello!

I don't know the actual background to this
minifig

The Red Ghost has never been an 'official' LEGO element. Rumours say they
were produced just for testing purpose, maybe for adjusting the molds of the
actual gloom-in-the-dark ghosts.
One factory that produces test molds for LEGO is or was (dunno) located in
Berlin (Germany), so sometimes unusual parts can be found on flea markets
there when employees had snatched some of those parts for their children (or
even just for making a fortune...).

The Red Ghost is realy one of the rarest...and best of it - I've got one
I've got that Ghost in a bunch of 8kg Lego at Ebay about 1 year ago :)

Cool! Glückwunsch!
Now, who's got the most? :-)

I myself own two of them. However, the right one is lacking some material on
the seam. That's a hint on (to? at?) the test-part-theory:
http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/usr/albun81/aab.jpg

Bye
Jojo