 Castle / 16499
Re: The Red Ghost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:31:58 GMT

Hi Lenny,

I think the most rare LEGO pieces are the 'swirl' bricks.  Long ago, with
the old injection machines, when changing from one color to another, they'd
get a few swirled color pieces.

With each one being unique, I'd bet the swirled bricks would be the rarest
pieces.  Heck, I'd almost pay money just to SEE one, and for anyone to have
one, I'm sure they're the centerpiece of the collection.

so what about swirl bricks that, even in normal appearance, are available in
rare sets only...?

I got one with my 1237 Asimo Robot:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JanK/single-pics/schmutzfuss.jpg
It took LEGO about 3 months to send me a replacement, but the managed to
find one even though this part was only available in this set as a
promotional givaway for Japanese Honda Employees in late 2001.

regards,
Jan