 CAD / MLCad / 26
Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:03:04 GMT

Hi everybody. This is my first post on Lugnet :-)

I just discovered MLcad (and LDraw) a few days ago. And I jumped in joy. I
believe that it is nearly 20 years since I played with Lego.

Steve Bliss wrote:
I find the rotation very confusing.  Sounds like rotation in MLCAD is based
on the default orientation of the part, rather than the current orientation.

LEdit rotations are calculated like:
<New Orientation> = <Current Orientation> * <New rotation>

MLCAD rotations seem to be calculated like:
<New Orientation> = <New rotation> * <Current Orientation>

As fare as I remembers, A*B is equals to B*A :-) But I get your idea.

In MLcad bricks is rotated around its own axis. But it should rotate around
models (world) axis. With the way it is now, you can't predict which way it
will be rotated.

And when multiple bricks is selected, rotate should use a joint centre of
rotation. Now they are rotated around world 0,0,0, and each brick is rotated
around its own axis and isn't always aligned with each other afterwards.

Mike Poindexter wrote:
Does anybody else have anything else that should be in MLCAD?

It would be nice to have a window-select. Like an icon or key. When
selected, you
could produce a window by holding and dragging the mousecursor to select
multiple bricks.

The Ctrl. key should also deselect if you point at a already selected brick.
And you should be able to select a brick even if a large selectionbox from
another brick covers it.

I don't think that these last matters has been mentioned before.

Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen