 CAD / MLCad / 20
Re: Ice Cream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 03:26:00 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> writes:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jeff Boen wrote:
I've talked to Mike extensively about color selection... my advice
was to have a "quick" color bar running vertically on one side of
the screen, ala CorelDraw! with 32 or so color boxes...

Just 'cause I can't keep my mouth shut, I'd rather see a drop-down
color selection tool than an always-there color tool.  Video real
estate is limited as it is.

Ditto for the zoom buttons.  They'd go perfect in a drop-down list or
dialog.

But those are extremely minor nits.  I should go fix my own program
before complaining.

I like the CorelDraw idea.  I think the best way to please both sides is
to have a removable color bar and a drop-down list.  If the color bar
were to follow the true style of the Corel bar (which takes up very
little room), you would be able to place it vertically or horizontally
along any side of the screen or floating in its own (closeable) window.
Also, in any of the docked positions, the bar also has a little tab you
click to choose other colors if they don't all fit on the bar at once...
--Bram