 CAD / MLCad / 17
Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:05:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Larry Pieniazek writes:

When the colors pop up, tell me the LDraw color numbers. Also, let me
pick 16 as a special choice. I can't right now tell if it's one of the
grays, not there at all or what. (I may hack around and try to figure it
out but I haven't yet)

I've talked to Mike extensively about color selection... my advice was to have
a "quick" color bar running vertically on one side of the screen, ala Corel
Draw! with 32 or so color boxes... click the box and the currently selected
object(s) get that color.. hover over it to see the color # pop up... define
what colors you want in the quick pick boxes via a color dialog that can be
opened from the menu.. that way you can have your fav/commonly used colors one
click away... I suggested Mike give us the full 255 possible choices in the
config dialog, just like LDAO lists in its color chart.

as for the current color setup.. it took me a while to realize it.. but it's
simple.. it's just 16 (if i rememeber right, don't have MLCAD on my laptop)
boxes aranged with LDraw numbers going from left to right, top to bottom..
so the first row is colors number 1-4, then the second row is 5-8, etc.. that
puts 16 at the far right of the 4th row down... i played with opening my .DAT
in a text editor to see what color #'s were being inserted... that's how i
reverse-engineered it ;) to figure it out...