Re: Legacy Files on the Parts Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:38:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
There may be merit in somehow boosting the position of the subfiles
themselves in the list (if it's true that people only work on the
highest listed items and ignore the bottom stuff... I know it's true
for me). Perhaps the more parts use an uncertified subfile, the higher
it ought to sort???

Shouldn't subfiles sort *before* any part that actually uses them? Ie. no
use certifying the part unless the subfiles are done first.

I think that would be nice but I am thinking they don't seem to, even though
they do

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptlist.cgi and you'll see the first part with
uncertified subfiles is below at least some of the subfiles it contains. Yet
it's hard to tell.

I can't find the hotlist URL at the moment to see how that sorts.