Re: Legacy Files on the Parts Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:57:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 05:11:33PM +0000, Andrew Westrate wrote:
I think a way to fix this is to have the status ignore subfiles until
it has gotten all the votes it needs. Then these parts would go from
"needs votes" (SX) to "needs admin review" (CCSX) to "has uncertified
subfiles" (ACCSX) to "certified" (ACCX).

But how can you certify a part that uses subparts, if the subparts might
change?  Maybe the orientation of the file will change, and then the
parent part would have to be modified?

Or am I missing something?

No, that's a very good point.  You're correct, that the subparts have to be
certified first.  I was really trying to advocate changing just the sort order
of the parts tracker list (so that parts at the bottom of the page don't get
ignored), not any of the underlying logic of the review process.

Andy