Re: Legacy Files on the Parts Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:39:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Andrew Westrate wrote:
In general, I agree with Orion that having the parts tracker is much better than
not having it, and that the main problem is that there are too few active
reviewers.  Just as a reminder to those reviewers out there, look at the parts
queue, which sorts parts by age:
<http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptqueue.cgi?full=0>

But, I do think that there could be some improvements with the parts tracker.
For one thing, I don't like how files with subfiles always get sorted to the
bottom of the parts list, because then they  always say "X subfiles aren't
certified" instead of "needs more votes" or "needs admin review."

There may be merit in somehow boosting the position of the subfiles themselves
in the list (if it's true that people only work on the highest listed items and
ignore the bottom stuff... I know it's true for me). Perhaps the more parts use
an uncertified subfile, the higher it ought to sort??? Getting them approved
seems like it might unlogjam some things.