 CAD / Development / 5537
Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 14:52:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:
Cool!  Looks like you could use a bigger monitor ;-).  However, I must
admit, that's an impressively efficient use of screen real estate.  The
LDView window also proves that OpenGL can even sometimes be useful without
3D acceleration.  It's a shame the software OpenGL driver doesn't support
the necessary function to allow the high quality edge lines feature.
(That's why they're so thick, by the way.)

Actually I had the "high quality turned off. It does work. I just needed the
lines to show up better while I was creating them.

Just out of curiosity, how often do you save the file, and is there a
noticable delay as all the viewer windows update and redraw?

After almost every line change. Ctrl-S shortcut.
No I do not believe there was any noticable delay with such a small part.
I'm sure with larger parts/models is would be noticable.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)

"Paul Easter" <pneaster@knoxy.net> wrote in message
Here is just a screenshot while I was working on a current part.

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_stuff/screen-1.jpg

I hope this answers a few peoples questions.

(Lars, does this give you any ideas?)

Paul

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_parts.htm (finished parts)
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_todo.htm (in process)