 CAD / Development / 5567
Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:21:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
Previously, we wrote:

Btw, the "options, view settings..." crashed LDAO. "Run-time error 5,
Invalid procedure or call argument "

Erk.  That could be a problem.  Could you send me a copy of your ldraw.ini
file?

OK, done!

Do I need to add a few extra line parameters after the
%base%\l3lab.exe %model% %parm%   line?
I tried adding -pollsilent and -nocache, neither had any effect.

The viewer-setup has changed locations in LDAO.  Try this: launch LDAO.  Go
to Options | Settings.  Specify the location for L3Lab.  Close the Settings
dialog.  Go into the LDAO Editor.  Go to Options | View Settings.  Select
L3Lab as your viewer.  Close the dialog.

OK, I could do the Options|Settings part.  LDAO still errors when I try to
click on "view settings"

OK, I think I understand.  When I do a save, The only file that is getting
updated is the original dat file.  (I watched the directory while I saved.)

Yep.

The temp files are updated with every change you make in the Editor window.

Hummm... not here. What do you call a "change"? Is that a character
insertion, deletion, overtype, or does it key off of a up/down change. None
of which I could get to do anything. FYI I am running Win98se.

After I change the "scale" or the "viewpoint" settings, what should I do
next? save, or hit the render button again?

Nothing.  L3Lab should refresh automatically.

Hummm...

Paul

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_parts.htm (finished parts)
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_todo.htm (in process)