 CAD / Development / 5578
Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 06:24:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, we wrote:

Just for grins, try the following to manually set the Editor's viewing
option.

1. Edit ldraw.ini
2. Locate the section [LDAO Editor].  If that line doesn't exist, add it.
3. In the [LDAO Editor] section, look for a line like:
  ShowViewWindow=2
If that line doesn't exist, add it.
4. Save ldraw.ini.
5. Fire up LDAO, and see how the Editor behaves.

Got it! the line was not there.  I have played with this quite a bit, so
I'll try to explain what it did.
L3lab was set to the default viewer, when I open the part to edit, L3lab
also starts and changes the part view as changes are made. :D  The bad side
is when I close the editor window, l3lab tries to close and gives an error.
"Page fault" I believe.  The error does not happen with LDLite.

The "Render" button will use the viewer program specified, but the viewer
will not update. I'm not sure if this is supposed to update.

The options|View Settings... now works.

Does the fourth option in that menu work for you?  If I select it, and
choose a program, the options|view settings menu is broke again. Now
ldraw.ini has ShowViewWindow=0.

After I was done playing there, I ran LDView, then dragged the ld***.tmp
file onto it, It updates as the changes happen. (I thought I had tried this
before.)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Easter wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
Previously, we wrote:

Erk.  That could be a problem.  Could you send me a copy of your ldraw.ini
file?

OK, done!

I'll take a look at it.

Thank you.

The temp files are updated with every change you make in the Editor window.

Hummm... not here. What do you call a "change"? Is that a character
insertion, deletion, overtype, or does it key off of a up/down change. None
of which I could get to do anything. FYI I am running Win98se.

The most reliable way to refresh the temp files is to click to a different
line.  Generally, the editor will refresh the temp files whenever you make
a change that results in a valid DAT statement.  But that doesn't always
work.  But clicking on a different line should always fire the refresh.

yep, not sure why, but it working now.

Paul

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_parts.htm (finished parts)
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_todo.htm (in process)