 CAD / Development / 5570
Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:02:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:
Sorry about the delay.  The feature isn't working.  It looks fine in some
parts, but if you look at the tire in particular, some parts of the lines
become dashed.  Here is what the tire should look like (ignoring color):

http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~tcobbs/LDView/6015.gif

Notice that while the lines are still thin, they are solid.

--Travis

Ok, I think I understand fully now.

Thank you,

Paul

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:
Cool!  Looks like you could use a bigger monitor ;-).  However, I must
admit, that's an impressively efficient use of screen real estate.
The LDView window also proves that OpenGL can even sometimes be useful
without 3D acceleration.  It's a shame the software OpenGL driver
doesn't support the necessary function to allow the high quality edge
lines feature.
(That's why they're so thick, by the way.)

Actually I had the "high quality turned off. It does work. I just
needed the lines to show up better while I was creating them.

If the lines are semi-randomly dotted when high-quality edges is turned
on, this most likely indicates it's not working.  It doesn't complain,
although I should probably make it do so.  If they show up solid, but
narrow, the high quality is working.  Either way, they ARE more visible
with high quality turned off.

I'm not sure... I just updated the image, see what you think.

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_stuff/screen-1.jpg

I put two LDview windows at the bottom, one with high quality on and the
other with it off.

Paul

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_parts.htm (finished parts)
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_todo.htm (in process)