 CAD / Development / 5551
Re: A screenshot for those who ask how I make parts.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 02:54:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Easter wrote:

I tried lauching from the editor a few times with poor results. So I just
open a few windows and turn on the polling feature.

OK.  Do you remember what happened, launching from the editor?

No, I do not remember.
I just updated LDAO to 2.1.4.  By clicking on the Render button, I get a
window that tries to run ledit.exe. It errors and gives me a "out of memory
error" eh?, ok... in a DOS world...
I changed the render button to use L3lab. It will load the part file, but
not update it with polling turned on. It seems to be rendering a "temporary"
file.
I also tried LDView, The program would launch, but not display. I think I
remember that it didn't have command line instructions built into it yet.

This also worked with l3glite, with the exception of no polling. (I guess I
am too spoiled by that feature!)

P.S. I'm still using LDAO 2.1.3, do you have a newer version out yet?

You can get the 'upgrade' to 2.1.4 on the LDAO download page.  Go to
<http://members.home.net/steve.bliss/ldao/download.html>, and scroll to the
bottom.  Look for the line that says "Door Number 3".  This download a zip
file, with just the 2.1.4 changes.

Thank you!!!

Paul

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_parts.htm (finished parts)