 CAD / 15736
Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:07:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
I'm in favour to abandon all the numbers added after the official LEGO color
palette has been published and follow the bitmapping numbering scheme for
LDraw.exe.
Thoughts?

I am _strongly_ against that. Imho this is the same mistake LEGO did a few years
ago with the stone colors. What would be the point of defining a standard
(ldconfig.ldr) to change it at the first drawback?

Colors 70..72 are defined for more than 4 years, 73..79, 151... for about two
years. MLCad does support custom color definition, so there are probably scores
of LDraw files in the world using them.

Philo

I completely agree that changing the colour codes at this stage is a terrible
idea. However I have nothing against duplicating them.

One thing we do need is to maintain, alongside the LDraw codes, mapping lists to
other known systems such as TLGs, Bricklinks and Peerons (if it differs from
LDraw's at any time).

Tim