 CAD / 15737
15736  |  15738
Subject:
Unified installer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:31:32 GMT

I think the way that the LDraw utilities are installed is a bit complicated for
novice users, especially children or parents of children. Essentially, the
current scheme asks users to first install the resources required by the
software, and *then* to install the software itself, which I think is
counter-intuitive. I suggest that there be a single installer that intalls the
core parts library, and then asks users what supplementary programs they wish to
install. The installer would then download and run the setup programs for all
the other programs that were selected. The programs should also be rated based
on their ease of use so that people can get an idea as to whether a program is
too difficult for them to install it. LMKWYT

-Mike