 CAD / 15682
Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:25:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
   I personally like the black edgelines more, because it is more likely the
original instructions. And I think that this is the way to go. But it
should not in any case be a real black edge. Sometimes I would prefer
a more light-black, and sometimes (for the dark colors) a more white
edge, so that you can see where is the brick!

I agree with you. These are the LDraw Core Colors with official LEGO RGBs
Scott has worked on with a #1F1F1F edge I added for the test:

You can do some tests yourself. Files are here:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LDConfig.zip

I’m not sure on the lighter edge for dark colors though. First of all how
do you define “dark color”. Is it:

(R + G + B)/3 = < 127.5

In this case a little prog which accepts decimal as well as hexidecimal
RGBs and outputs a “Dark/Light” would help ;-)

w.