 CAD / 15708
Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:00:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
For the last several weeks, I have been part of group of people working to fill
in the colors that are missing from LDconfig.ldr, and basically, make sure the
entire contents of the file are correct and laid out properly.

I've been questioned about the directions we are going with our efforts. The
current plan for the LDConfig.ldr is:

* Keep the core color numbers from 0-50, plus some historical colors like
Black_Rubber, Chrom or Gold for backwards compatibility.

* Substitute the current bit-mapped color numbers
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=11937 with official LEGO color numbers:
http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/colorguide.cgi

* Use the official LEGO RGBs for all colors

* Substitute the edge colors

* Use BL color names http://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp for all names

* In addition we wanna add all official LEGO colors using a 30000 numbering:
0 !COLOUR TLG_White CODE 30001 VALUE #f2f3f2 EDGE #000000

* Come up with a proposals for additional syntax for the LSC like language
support for the color names.

Feel free to comment.

w.