 CAD / 15730
Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:54:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
* In addition we wanna add all official LEGO colors using a 30000 numbering:
0 !COLOUR TLG_White CODE 30001 VALUE #f2f3f2 EDGE #000000

Why do we want to do this again?  If we are using all of the official color RGBs
in the standard color code range (0 to 511), then we do not gain anything from
having these in the official file release of LDconfig.ldr.  The only difference
in this set (besides the color code) is the name.  It makes more sense to make
this set of names part of the language support.

The "besides the color code" isn’t a collateral damage but the main problem! We
cannot ship the TLG numbering in a simple language file. Think about a blue car
colored with LDraw code 1. Loading the TLG colors as language file you would
suddenly get a white car instead. Adding those numbers to the config file gives
us at least the chance to use it in a converter.

w.