 CAD / 15696
Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 23:39:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
The color is not green, it is dark green: SNIP
Scott

Yes, Dark_ _Green is ok, but I think the values are too low.

Scott, have you calibrated you systems where you have created your
colors?(Please see my previous post)

cu
mikeheide

The current LDConfig.ldr values in the MLCAD.cfg converted.

You can download that mlcad.zip at http://mikeheide.kilu.de/tmp/MLCAD.zip

cu

mikeheide

The color values in the MLCAD.cfg files that I converted are not my creation.
Most of these values come straight from The LEGO Group.  A very few of them are
from Peeron and one or two from Bricklink.  The Dark_Green that you see is from
TLG and has been the same in LDraw for quite some time.

As I mentioned, the edge values make a significant difference in the way that
the color appears in MLCAD.  I recommend that if you are focusing on the color
values that you try rendering complete models in POV-Ray.

Since most people want to see the edges in MLCAD, I'll focus on that (making
them a noticable black or such).  Otherwise, my primary concern is the color
codes (do parts with a hard-coded color of Dark_Red actually get displayed with
Dark_Red).  If the color codes are wrong, then a part (or model) that is
supposed to be Dark_Red would be the wrong color.

Thanks,
Scott