 CAD / 14280
Re: LDD vs LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:42:09 GMT

Chris Phillips wrote:

I think if there
was an easy way to define a "virtual parts bin" and share these with
others as a separate file, it would be a very useful feature.
Depending on what I'm trying to design on any given day, it would be
nice to just select a parts palette with a certain organization and
start building.  It shouldn't be necessary to completely re-configure
the entire CAD program just to do this kind of thing for each
project.

The simplest way would be if peeron.com could serve a set inventory as an
LDraw file - then you just load the set into MLCad and rearrange the pieces.

As a side note, LDList (http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/ldlist.htm) has the
possibility to load a set description and only show those parts that are
contained in that set (not in any 'standard' format, though, it was made a
long time ago). LDList also allows you to drag a piece from LDList to any
other window that supports the LDList D&D protocol, and it will be removed
from the inventory (dragging it back adds it back to the inventory).
Unfortunately, no CAD program has implemented the LDList D&D protocol,
AFAIK.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm