 CAD / 14271
Re: LDD vs LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:28:25 GMT

On Dec 13, 2006, at 8:58 PM, Travis Cobbs wrote:

Obviously I have some bias, being the author of LDView, but I think
at the very
least that the first five points above are valid.  It's worth
noting that LeoCAD
has the first two points covered.  (LeoCAD also has blended
transparency instead
of stipple, but it draws parts in their entirety all at once.  So
if you have
two different colored transparent pieces connected to each other,
you get some
odd effects at some angles.)

   Unfortunately this is a tradeoff between quality and speed, if I
sorted by triangle it would give better results but would also be
much slower to render. There are other options for transparency
sorting, like doing a Z init pass or rendering only front faces.

   Also, for #3 in LeoCAD if you use the Zoom Extents before rotating
you'll rotate around the model center.

Leonardo