 CAD / 14279
Re: LDD vs LDraw - Thanks for the info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:01:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim Foulds wrote:
Hey gang,

   So with the update on licensing soon to be finished for the LDraw community,
it got me to thinking about the Pros and Cons of LDD vs the LDraw toolset.  So I
thought I would throw it out to the community to see what other thought.

What are the Pros and Cons of each?

What do people like about each tool?

What do people not like about each tool?

Is there any feature that one has that we wish the other had?

- Jim F.

Well gang,

    Thanks for all the input.  I appreciate the views that were presented.  I’ve
noticed over the past few years that the cadding community has been producing
some very nice tools.  And now Lego has released there own (LDD).  Is there a
team from the community working with Lego on how they could make LDD better?  Or
is the interest more along how to make the two work together?

- Jim F.

We (the SteerCo) are in contact with the LDD team.

My personal opinion is that the two are designed for different user-bases so
combatibility is more important than helping them (or they us).

Tim